So I got this back like, three? four? months ago and I’m finally doing this. Gotta admire my procrastination skills. (No really, it’s a talent.)
The main reason I, admittedly, put this off was because it looked daunting. But I decided that I needed to stop being lazy and do this thing! (This is part of my campaign to be ‘proactive’.)(I’m failing miserably.)(Except I’m doing this post so I’m only failing kind of miserably.)
Thanks to Anjali @ Coffee, Cakes n Books for nominating me for this! It’s very sweet and nice
and unexpected. You all should check out Anjali’s blog, it’s amazing. *swoons*
So What Exactly is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The ‘Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma (the creator of the award)
Let that sink in for a moment. My posts are ingenious. I captivate. I inspire. I’m one of the best out there. Oh, and I’m also amazing. But you all knew that. 🙂
Can you tell I’m letting this go to my head?
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
In the interest of following the rules, I am now going to talk about myself. Not because that’s my favorite thing to do or anything…
Three Things About Myself I Feel You Need to Know
- I LOVE MY DOG. HER NAME IS AZULA. AND SHE IS ADORABLE.
- I like to read. (No duh, they say. You have a book blog. Well, shut up, I say.)
- My favorite book is Six of Crows. *entire crowd groans* Yes, that’s right! I brought Six of Crows up again. FIGHT ME.
The Soul-Searching Questions
…Okay, not really soul-searching, but they required thinking. And my brain, which has the thinking capacity of a five-year-old (actually, that’s unfair to five-year-olds), couldn’t take it, poor thing.
What is the most memorable moment from your childhood?
*wails* I can’t remember that far back!
Um…let’s see…I’m trying to think of a childhood memory, but I can’t. Was my life really that uninteresting back then? (Apparently not much has changed.) Um.
Okay, I have one! I remember my dad reading aloud to me and how much I loved it.
…That’s literally all. I have no details accompanying this precious sliver of memory.
How did you discover your passion of reading? (If reading is not your passion, you can replace it with whatever you love)
This relates to the last question, in my case. My dad reading aloud to me caused me to fall in love with stories. And reading books just became something I did.
If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Nothing, because I’m an angel. *glowing halo appears above her*
…But if they did assume something (which they wouldn’t, they’d be to overcome with righteous rage at the police for arresting me for crimes that I OBVIOUSLY didn’t commit because I’m an established angel), it would be that I finally cracked and robbed Barnes & Nobles. (I’m obsessed with B&N, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!)
Wow, if the hypothetical crime I commit is dorky.
What’s that one character of yours that you would love to change?
My tendency to procrastinate. Please. I NEED to change this. Otherwise I won’t survive school. Somehow I’m scraping by right now, but if I don’t take drastic measures, I know one day my procrastinating is going to bite me in the ass. (I’m actually procrastinating on studying for two important tests as I write this post, which goes to show how COMPLETE AND UTTERLY TERRIBLE I AM.)
If given a chance to revisit one memory from the past, which would you choose and why?
I would revisit this summer break because it was honestly perfect. Yes, I went on a hiatus (which I am properly ashamed of), but I got to visit and stay with my cousins for over a month and a half. (I love them so much, they are amazingly amazing people.) And I relaxed for the first time in a while. I also woke up after 12 for three weeks straight, which was indescribably great.
My Three Best Posts
I don’t know about this one. I don’t really have posts that I’m proud of yet, but I’d say my best ones were:
The People I Nominate
- Antonia and Amanda @ Classy x Book Reviews
- Jess and Teagan @ Fiction No Chaser
- Lori @ Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- Ashley @ Ashes Books & Bobs
- Christine @ Purple Manatees
- Melanie @ meltotheany
- Madame Writer
- Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox
- Ray @ raynotbradbury
- Jessica @ Shelf-Rated
- What is your favorite book and why? (I’ll give cookies to anyone who says Six of Crows!)
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is the weirdest combination of food you’ve ever eaten? (This is supposed to be the weird and funny question. Keyword: supposed to.)
- What is number one on your bucket list?
- What is one thing that irks you to no end?
I hope you all have fun with this! (And by the way everyone, check out their blogs! They are all very cool people.)
Thanks again for nominating me Anjali!